We’re a new team with 14 active NET members and 15 more in the training queue.
You don’t need to be a fully trained NET to work with us – we need community organizers, ham radio operators, responders and many other skills!
For example, we have 20 volunteer organizers rolling out pilot versions of “Friends Helping Friends” to over 300 homes in their immediate areas of Bridlemile, only 2200 residences to go. This is a bottom up, grass roots approach beginning with a few early adopter “friends” agreeing to work together on emergency prep and organize for emergency response. It relies on organic growth (more friends) and is based on the very successful programs in the Pearl District, Sylvan Highlands and the Montmore area in Bridlemile.
We have a broad program for 2020-21. Choose the area(s) you want to learn about or help with:
- Building Bridlemile Resilience (“Friends Helping Friends“)
- Radio Communications (we have 2 ham radio operators, but need more!)
- School Preparedness (our team is working closely with Bridlemile Elementary and Portland Montessori Collaborative)
- Team Readiness (deployment skill training)
- Member & Volunteer Engagement
- Fiscal Management
- Equipment & Supply Management
Monthly Meetings: Our meetings are on the first Monday of each month (except July & August) at 7pm in the Library at Bridiemile Elementary School. During the current pandemic situation we meet virtually. Contact our team lead (below) if you’d like to participate.