St. Johns / Cathedral Park
Welcome to the St. Johns Community Resiliency District and NET Team page. Our team includes the Cathedral Park neighborhood as well. Whether you live or work within our area you are welcome to join us. Our NET Team area includes roughly 14,000+ residents, which is a lot of ground to cover. One thing has been proven over time and in multiple disasters is that neighbors end up helping neighbors. We can all work together to make our community more resilient. You can become a NET trained volunteer or just want to learn more about making plans and strengthening bonds with your neighbors in becoming prepared for emergencies and disasters.
The St. Johns Community Resiliency group (including St. Johns NET members) meets every other month on the 3rd Thursday at the Wayfinding Academy, 8010 N Charleston Ave. All community members are welcome to attend.
2019 Meeting Dates
- January 17th
- March 21st
- May 16th
- July 18th
- September 19th
- November 21st
Ways to get involved
Not everyone is able to become a trained NET and/or attend our meetings, but there are many other ways you can contribute.
- Organize your block. Use the Map Your Neighborhood program, invite us to do a presentation for your block, and sign up to be a block representative.
- Volunteer for the City of Portland’s incredibly important BEECN Program. This is an excellent way to participate without much time commitment.
- Check out trainings and events offered by all of the Neighborhood Emergency Teams throughout the city.
- Follow the PortlandPrepares.org blog and Facebook Group.
- Follow the St. Johns NET Team on Facebook.
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to our team through the Community Rewards program. Every time you shop at Fred Meyer, our team will receive a small donation at no expense to you. We use the funds to purchase medical supplies for our community.
- If there’s another way you’d like to contribute, let us know.
Chair- Chris Glanville
Secretary – Rachel Benton
Whip – Andrew Acker
Communications Officer – Paul Lefevre
Training Co-Officer – Charlie Montross
Training Co-Officer – Open
Operations Officer – Open
Resource Officer – Scott Raymond
Outreach Officer – Kathy Glanville