ABOUT OUR TEAM
The Montavilla, Mount Tabor, North Tabor, and South Tabor neighborhood teams have combined efforts and meet on a regular basis. We are volunteers who are invested in supporting fellow neighbors and community partners in building preparedness, education, and resilience – both before and in the event of an emergency.
We would love to have you join us! You do not have to complete NET training in order to attend and participate in meetings. If you are interested in getting officially trained, we’re happy to help you make that happen.
Also, if you are interested in preparedness but aren’t able to participate in the NET, there are still plenty of ways to get involved. Explore the PortlandPrepares website to learn about other resources and opportunities.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Not everyone is able to become a trained NET and/or attend our meetings, but there are many other ways you can contribute.
- Organize your block. Use the Map Your Neighborhood program, or invite us to do a presentation for your block.
- Volunteer for the City of Portland’s incredibly important BEECN Program. This is an excellent way to participate without much time commitment.
- Check out trainings and events offered by all of the Neighborhood Emergency Teams throughout the city.
- Follow the PortlandPrepares.org blog and Facebook Group.
- Help us hang flyers and talk to businesses, schools, religious organizations, apartment communities, etc. We can provide you with talking points, guidance, and materials.
- If there’s another way you’d like to contribute, let us know.