Welcome to Centennial NET! Neighborhood Emergency Teams (NETs) are Portland residents trained by Portland Bureau of Emergency Management and Portland Fire & Rescue to provide emergency disaster assistance within their own neighborhoods. In Centennial, we implement a community resilience approach to preparedness and response.
We are a new team and are still pinning down a regular meeting schedule. Please let us know if there are times/days that work best for you. We meet once a month, and welcome all attendees!
Also, once each quarter, we hold a joint meeting with other East County teams. Those meetings are held on the first Thursday of January, April, July and October from 6:30-8:30PM These meetings are currently held via Zoom due to COVID-19. The other teams are:
- Hazelwood-Mill Park
- Rocky Butte West
You do not need to be a NET member to attend our meetings. Attending is a great way to learn about the Portland NET program and the community. Attending meetings can also lead to being fast tracked into the Basic Training program to become a NET.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Not everyone is able to become a trained NET and/or attend our meetings, but there are many other ways you can contribute.
- Organize your block. Use the Map Your Neighborhood program, invite us to do a presentation for your block, and sign up to be a block representative.
- Volunteer for the City of Portland’s incredibly important BEECN Program. This is an excellent way to participate without much time commitment.
- Check out trainings and events offered by all of the Neighborhood Emergency Teams throughout the city.
- Follow the PortlandPrepares.org blog and Facebook Group.
- If there’s another way you’d like to contribute, let us know.