Arbor Lodge / Kenton
Amateur Radio: KG7AZF
ASSISTANT TEAM LEADERS
ASSISTANT TEAM LEADERS
WE NEED YOUR HELP
With 13,000+ residents in Arbor Lodge and Kenton, there are far too many people for our team to help if a disaster strikes. We need everyone to participate in making our community more resilient. We of course want individuals to prepare themselves, but we also want everyone working together with their neighbors to make plans, strengthen bonds, and generally make this a safer place to live. We are here to help you with that. Please contact us with questions, and attend our meetings! You don’t need to be a trained NET member to get involved.
Our July 16th meeting will be held at Arbor Lodge Park. Join us as we set up our Incident Command tent and test our radios.
We meet every 3rd Monday from 7-8:30pm at the Historic Kenton Firehouse at 8105 N Brandon Ave (unless otherwise noted in agenda). Check out our meeting agenda, and let us know if you have something to add to it.
All community members are welcome. A member of our team will be at the Firehouse before each meeting at 6:30pm to greet community members and answer questions about our team and earthquake preparedness in general.
Ways to Get Involved
Not everyone is able to become a trained NET and/or attend our meetings, but there are many other ways you can contribute.
- Organize your block. Use the Map Your Neighborhood program, invite us to do a presentation for your block, and sign up to be a block representative.
- Join our team’s Google Group and listen to our chatter.
- Volunteer for the City of Portland’s incredibly important BEECN Program. This is an excellent way to participate without much time commitment.
- Check out trainings and events offered by all of the Neighborhood Emergency Teams throughout the city.
- Follow the PortlandPrepares.org blog and Facebook Group.
- Help us hang flyers and talk to businesses, schools, religious organizations, apartment communities, etc. We can provide you with talking points, guidance, and materials.
- If there’s another way you’d like to contribute, let us know.
Help Us Raise Funds
Do you have experience with or an interest in fundraising? Are you a skilled grant writer?
Help your neighborhood become more resilient!
Your Neighborhood Emergency Team (NET) needs your help. We’re working hard to get our neighborhood ready for the Cascadia Subduction Zone earthquake, which could happen at any time. We’re training, doing community outreach, setting up radio communication plans, and creating disaster supply kits for the neighborhood. But we’re an all-volunteer group with no income, and currently no one on our team is doing fundraising.
Are you our next fundraising champion?
You don’t need to be a trained NET in order to help. We just need someone to help us get the word out about what we’re doing and ask for help on our behalf. Here are a few ways in which people can contribute:
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards: Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card to our team. We’ll receive a small donation from Fred Meyer every time you shop there. https://portlandprepares.org/about/fred-meyer-rewards
- Cash or In-Kind Donations: Direct people to our Donation Form. We can accept cash donations or in-kind donations of good or services, and we’ve included an Equipment Needs list, which provides examples of items that we need. https://portlandprepares.org/about/donation-form
- Donations of Space: As we add to our emergency supplies, we will need more space in which to store them. We’re looking for secure space that we’ll be able to access in the event of a disaster. Ideally this space would be near our team’s staging areas at Arbor Lodge Park and Kenton Park.
Spread the Word!
If you can’t help, maybe someone you know can. Please forward this message to friends, family, and neighbors.