CITYWIDE DEPLOYMENT EXERCISE – SATURDAY, APRIL 4TH, 2020
Several times each year, Portland NETs participate in a Citywide Deployment Exercise. This helps us improve our skills, make important revisions to our Operations & Communications Plans, and inform our training plans. The next exercise will be on Saturday, April 4th, 2020, from 1-5pm. Please register your team ASAP – this helps us better plan the event.
- Participant Overview (what to expect and how to prepare)
- Team Registration Form (for Team Leaders / Exercise Coordinators)
- Participating Teams List
- Individual Registration Form (COMING SOON!)
This exercise was created by and is orchestrated by NET volunteers. If you have questions or suggestions, or if you’d like to be part of the next planning committee, email NETDeploymentExercise@gmail.com.
These materials are intended for Exercise Coordinators and Amateur Radio Operators who are planning the exercise for their team.
- Global Exercise Materials (Google folder containing training refreshers, email templates, forms, and more)
- Exercise Coordinator Guidebook (Tips and timeline to help Exercise Coordinators prepare for the exercise)
- Forms (A comprehensive list of all the forms used in this exercise)
- NET Deployment Best Practices (Tips from many NET teams covering all aspects of deployment, including command post setup, resource tracking, volunteer management, radio communications and more!)
- Radio Operator Materials (ARO exercise instructions, training presentation slides, etc.)
Sometimes our brains get a little mushy when we’re presented with a high-stress situation (like a major earthquake). Keep these handy cheat sheets in your pack to help you remember your training!
Here are some other tools your team may find useful in planning and preparing for the exercise:
- PBEM GIS Mapping Tool – This interactive map shows neighborhood boundaries, schools, hospitals, URM buildings, and hazards and may be useful for planning training scenarios. You’ll need to zoom in to see details.
If you have additional deployment resources to share, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org