CITYWIDE DEPLOYMENT EXERCISE – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2019
Several times each year, Portland NETs participate in a Citywide Deployment Exercise. This helps us improve our skills, make important revisions to our Operations & Communications Plans, and inform our training plans. The next exercise will be on Thursday, October 17th from 6-9 p.m. Please register your team ASAP – this helps us better plan the event.
- Participant Overview (what to expect and how to prepare)
- Team Registration Form (for Team Leaders / Exercise Coordinators)
- Participating Teams List
- Individual Registration Form
- Exercise Coordinator Guidebook (Tips and timeline to help Exercise Coordinators prepare for the exercise)
- NET Deployment Best Practices (Tips from many NET teams covering all aspects of deployment, including command post setup, resource tracking, volunteer management, radio communications and more!)
- Essential Exercise Materials (Google folder containing training refreshers, email templates, forms, and more)
- PBEM “Map Your Neighborhood” GIS Mapping Tool (Interactive map of neighborhood boundaries, schools, hospitals, URM buildings, and hazards – useful for planning training scenarios)
- Radio Operator Materials (Frequencies, current PowerPoint presentation, updates and corrections)
This exercise was created by and is orchestrated by NET volunteers. If you have questions or suggestions, or if you’d like to be part of the next planning committee, email NETDeploymentExercise@gmail.com.
Sometimes our brains get a little mushy when we’re presented with a high-stress situation (like a major earthquake). Keep these handy cheat sheets in your pack to help you remember your training!
- Amateur Radio Voice Procedure Cheat
- FRS Radio Voice Procedure Cheat
- ICS Forms Cheat
- ICS Staffing Recommendations Cheat
- Mission Sequence Cheat
- Phonetic Alphabet Cheat
- Triage Cheat
- Patient Assessment Cheat
- CERT Scott’s Cheats
If you have additional deployment resources to share, email them to ArborLodgePrepares@gmail.com.